Sunday, November 22, 2009

Paralysed from the waist down...then healed

This is what happened: During my National Service days I was involved in a bad car accident, when a vehicle smashed into the back of my car at a robot in Durban. I was stationary and the driver of the other car, apparently high on coke, did not see me and hit me at a good 80 to 100km per hour. As a result of that accident, and other small incidents I ended up have 2 major spine ops. I spent the best part of 6 months at a local Hospital.
During this time I picked up Meningitus  and nearly died
So there I am, 21 yrs old, enjoying life, getting focused, ready for a carreer in Engineering and then suddenly all this.
My wife of today was my high school sweatheart back then. Lying there in that hospital bed, no feeling or use of my legs I encouraged her to leave me and find someone else. She would have no part in this and stuck in with me during the worst time of my life. She lived the horror story with me, never leaving me for one moment.
I praise God for her and her love for me...she deserves a medal for what she went through.
One morning, around 4am, I thought it was my last moments. With Meningitus, and the pain after 2 spine ops, no use of my legs, I was crying as I just lay there thinking why why why ...what did I do to deserve this?
Feeling as if I was about to die, I grabbed a Bible off the counter next to my bed and clutching it to my chest I cried out aloud "God of this Book, if you are real, I ask that you heal me" If you heal me, I will tell of your miracle to the whole world, I will give my life to you and tell people about you"
My condition was hopeless, I had absolutley no feelings in my legs. I could not walk since the 2 ops.
BUT....within days of having prayed that prayer...feelings started coming back into my legs. From being these 2 x numb stumps, to gradual feelings in my feet. It was so bad that when my mom and Dad cam to visit they would push my legs up and put sand bags at my feet to stop my legs slipping back down. They would tilt my knees towards each other so as to stop my legs from flopping outwards. My legs were nonexistant...I could not feel or move them.
After a few weeks I was being assited in a wheelchair to the exercise area, where there were parallel bars. I was assisted to the bars where I would pick myself up with my arms and then attempt to make these 2 x stumps obey my thoughts. Move left leg...I said MOVE!!!...ok now....right leg...MOVE....many times .nothing...no response
To cut a long story short.....today I am healed. I walk with a limp and the old legs are a bit wobbly but I am good
When I go to a braai or a function if people see me with a beer, they think...eisssh look at that O ....drunk as a skunk already!!!  ha ha..
Bottom Line...Jesus Christ of Nazareth healed me...I am alive and well, built my own house, completed my apprenticeship as a Millwright, completed my Diploma in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and I am 23 yrs Happily married with 2 x gifted daughters. I never thought I would see the day...but because of God's healing power...I was healed and now am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. Turn to Jesus people...He is alive and well and still healing today as he did more than 2000 yrs ago  [typed in a rush...excuse the spellings errors]

No comments:

Post a Comment