Wednesday, October 21, 2009

CHAUFFEUR @ AN AFRICAN WEDDING

This Testimony will show you that to be a wittness does not always mean that you must talk!!  Shocking statement??  well here is the truth of what happenend to me oneday
I was asked to be the Chauffeur at an African Wedding. An African Pastor , Pastor Johannes Ngube, whom I had done some short term missionary outreaches with requested I use our Honda Ballard. I agreed and on the day, a Saturday I pitched up at Hillcrest Christian Fellowship Church with the Honda glowing from all the polish.
I was told the wedding was to start at 10am. I was there at 9am ...ready....waiting..I can do this...I can do this|!!!
Well by 10am people had started gathering, but mmmm, no sign or Bride or groom etc...so I started asking around.
Oh Boy..I found out...The bride was stuck down the valley and did not have transport up to the Church. So I set off in the Honda Ballarde...down down into the Molweni valley..the Honda was not high off the ground and often bellied out scraping over high ridges..Found her and the groom and bridesmaids...they all bundled in!! I mean this was urgent!! late for the wedding...guests arriving..Boy did we battle to get out of that Valley...sand roads...wash aways etc etc...with wheels spinning we JUST managed to get to the Church in Fisher Road.
After the Ceremony we headed off to a local Hotel...to get the pics...the Honda...loaded to capacity...wedding dresses and veils blowing everywhere...hooting along the streets on route...ra ra ra
At the Hotel whilst the phot session was taking place I had this sudden fear grip me....I was the only white O...a little scary having just come out of an indoctrinated Apartheid error...and to make it worse, one particular African gentleman had dagger eyes for me!! eeekk I could see by his posture and facial expressions this guy was not chuffed to have Mr White boy there...eisssh
Well I kinda kept a little closer to Pastor Johannes Ngube, just a little closer ...ya me...man of faith...ha ha
I was the Chauffeur, and that was that...what a privilage...and nobody was gonna stop me...I was on a mission to be the best I could be. We then drove to the home where the celebrations would take place...eisssh...we drove deeper and deeper in to the Valley...km passed and getting a bit nervous I was asking fairly often..."um...how much further?"  More and more KM'S !! drive drive drive...hoooting hooting...ra ra...happy people...celebration mood...ra ra...and little white boy feels like a piece of confetty ...one white dot...ha ha...not funny at the time!  Well like we have been reading recently at POWER SCHOOL at Heartlands Church Westville....we were all in ONE ACCORD... [Honda ACCORD..except this was a Ballarde :-)]
The whole valley was celebrating as the wedding had taken place between to "tribes" the Mkhize family and the Gumede family  so it was a major attraction...people from every angle rushing towards the car...waving...shouting good wishes etc
FINALLY we arrived and the whole ceremonial thing ...men lined up seperatley to the ladies...Men then went in first to make sure everything is safe dancing as we ran in. I was asked not to go...just come in for a little drink and snack...hestitantly with fear and trepidation I agreed and join the mens dancing line!!!  WOW WOW  was I ever so intimidated...being the only PINK O!!
Anyway I just jumped in and had fun...until I locked eyes with the same guy I saw at the hotel...man he had it in for me...I sensed he hated me...he detested me....it looked like he wanted to remove my eyes and other sensitive parts and grind them to powder...Honestlyy there was something in him that clashed with the Holy Spirit in me!! I sense hate hate hate...just from him...no one else gave me this vibe...only him. I tried to smile at him...just to be friendly, but it was met by deathly looking eyes..eissh cold shivers man...this guy was bad bad news!!
I was just the chauffer! I was not asked to do anything else except smile and drive...THAT WAS IT...praise God
Well feeling very uneasy..I said my goodbyes etc and I dashed away at the first opportunity....jumped in my Honda and made my getaway...well it felt like that.
HERE IS THE MIRACLE....on the Monday I was sick as a dog with the flu, still in bed at home, when the home phone rang at about 9am...My wife answered and it was Pastor Ngube..."Please tell Gavin something amazing has happened...amazing amazing" Amiracle had taken place...the guy whom I had feared had come to Pastor Ngube's office at HCF. His words to pastor Ngube...Pastor...that white man who drove the car at the wedding....what ever spirit is in him...I WANT THAT SPIRIT!!!!
He gave his life to Jesus that monday morning a day after the wedding. I write with tears rolling down my cheaks...yeh...what a joy...how awesome is that...God used me as a testimony to win a soul...I DID NOT SAY A WORD.......I was watched from a distance.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Praise God Praise God....Yahoooooooooo...
I was told that it was a HUGE miracle because he was a senior member of a anti white movement known as UPLA...their slogan being quote...one settler one bullet!   eisssh..Praise God   he is no more a racist...his hate for us PINK O's was melted away by the love of Jesus...which he embraced...What a joy!...THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS STORY OF MINE...I have to share what God has done..Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment