Sunday, September 6, 2009

"GO HOME NOW" @ TREE 63 CONCERT

This is what happened:
God is amazing. He is intimatley interested in every facet of your life.
Enjoy this scenario that happened to us..
We were amped up to attend the TREE 63 concert on the beach in Durban, way back around 2002. We all jumped into my jeep and made our way down. Parking was a problem, but after much hunting around, we found a place to park. We had a fair walk to the beach, slowly pushing our way through the maddening crowd and onto the beach, right by the Pier. As we got there, John Ellis, walked up, grabbed the microphone and said "WHEN YOU HEAR THE SIGNAL....IT WILL BE...TREE 63 EXACTLY" We were so pleased to be there...we loved these guys and the AWESOME music they make. Music that honours God
Somehow, despite the excitement of being there, I had a slight uneasy feeling in my heart. The next thing I get this overpowering message " GO HOME NOW!"
It was not a voice, but rather a thought pattern that overpowered my entire mind.
I immediately spun around and told my wife and friends..they thought I was looney Tunes...we had just arrived...we battled to get a parking...The concert had just started ...I mean really...r u crazy!!
Anyway we just obeyed...and fought our way back to the Jeep and drove home. There was not much communication on the way home...we were all thinking, why has God done this..Why has he sent us home, when the concert had just started!!

Well, as we entered our home, we found out why God said go home now. Thieves were in our house, and as we entered they litterally dived out the windows in the lower level bedroom windows. I broke out in Tongues, a spiritual language given by God...shouting out aloud in tongues as we moved into the lounge area. Craig, had a stick and he marched forward, like my armour bearer, ready to strike any human that may come at us. After a few minutes PROFORCE SECURITY arrived and checked our home out for potential thieves. They must have been desperate, as they had been disturbed whilst eating a tin of Dog tinned food!! We found the spoon still in the tin. We found the 2 L milk container leaking on our matress on our bed.
Here is the miracle...If we had not heard and listened at that specific moment...we would have lost EVERYTHING!! All our belongings, everything we own, was neatly packed in bags, wrapped in blankets ready to go. Meat from the deep freeze wrapped in with our daughters school books , clothes, medals, jewelry , shoes etc

They got away with nothing...PRAISE GOD...
MAY WE ALL BE IN THE CORRECT FRAME OF MIND TO HEAR GOD'S VOICE CLEARLY and do what He says
My prayer: Lord, may I always be in a position to hear your voice....discipline me to listen and do...AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment